Wednesday, September 3, 2008

When it rains it pours

Well, it’s been over a week since I posted last, and so much has happened since then… First and foremost, we took Scarlett in for her 4 month check up last Wednesday. Joe and I were very nervous going in as she had been running a low grade fever for a few days. We were pleased to find out that everything was A-ok! She was even able to start eating. After her appointment, I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some food. Here is the tasty selection that I picked out:


She is supposed to eat one food at a time for three days, so we started with peaches. It was an extremely messy ordeal, but she did great!







I didn’t realize it at the time, but things were about to take a turn for us… Friday went along pretty good. Joe and I decided to take a family trip to Kroger to get food for our weekend at the ranch. I had Joe and Scarlett follow me to drop my Jeep off to get the oil changed while we went shopping. Kroger went great! Scarlett napped, and we got everything except for the broccoli slaw I needed. They had it, but it was all going to expire the next day. I was really irritated as I had just seen this at Wal-Mart the day before. I should have picked it up then…. No big deal. I would just get it the next day after we dropped Scarlett off in Sulphur Springs. She was going to stay with my mom Saturday through Wednesday while we went to the ranch and got some rest.

After our trip to Kroger, I picked up my Jeep. Since I had a few minutes, I was going to go get gas and pick up my dry cleaning. Ok, I’ve been going to this dry cleaner for the past 3 ½ years. They’ve always done a good job, and they should. I go there a lot since I don’t iron. Well, something was obviously wrong. I paid the bill and began waiting on my clothes. After fifteen minutes of this and everyone in line behind me getting their clothes, I was getting a little concerned. Long story short: they lost my clothes! There were only 3 items, but they were all new and worn only once! Of course, they’ve promised me that they will locate them, but I’m not holding my breath….

Saturday arrives. Joe and I get up early and start getting things ready to leave here by 10:00am to meet my mom. He really needed the brakes on his truck repaired, so we dropped it off at Just Brakes at 10:30am. Scarlett and I waited in the car for about 15 minutes for this “drop off” to occur. I was about to start honking the horn. We were meeting my mom, and I do not like being late. Well, that threw us completely off schedule.

I guess I thought it would be a great idea to make up the time by speeding. BIG MISTAKE. Officer Hudson in Lavon, TX clocked me going 67 in a 50. So, we had to sit for 15 minutes and wait on him to write me a ticket. I guess I was due since I hadn’t had a speeding ticket in 16 years!! The only thing that truly irritated me about this was the thought of taking defensive driving. No thank you. Luckily, I called today and took the “pay the ticket without taking defensive driving and don’t get another ticket for one year in Texas” option. I was even able to pay it online. So convenient! :)

Anyway, we met Gran Jan and Papa Larry in Sulphur Springs at Juan Pablo’s (or something like that). We had lunch and said our good-bye’s to Scarlett. We were so excited to take a break from reality and responsibility!!! As soon as I got back on I-30 to come back to Dallas, I started missing her.

So, back to Dallas… Joe called Just Brakes to find out if his truck was ready. It wasn’t. And it still wasn’t after we ran several more errands and did stuff around here. I dropped him back off around 4:45, and he had to stand over the mechanic while they put everything back together. I guess they didn’t have time to look for the warranty paperwork or were too busy. Whatever. We wasted time there which caused me to speed, get a ticket, and be late. You know the commercial that says “At Just Brakes, we really do Care!” Well, they don’t.

Finally, around 6:00pm, we got in the pool. That’s what I had been wanting to do all day!!! It was a relaxing night, and the beginning of college football season. Here we are showing our college spirit:

Sunday rolled around, and off to the ranch we went!! Bill, one of the owners of my company, joined us on the ride down. Randy ended up meeting us down there. We had a party on Sunday night, and the guys got up to dove hunt the next morning. We had a great two days!!

Me & Pat (the lighting wasn't too great on this one...)


Bill holding Scarlett's 22

My dad and Randy

Charles, Juanita & George


Uncle Jim with his new hat

Joe & Randy (I took them riding around the ranch on Sunday night.)


Me and Joe

I ended up riding back with Randy on Monday night. We got home around 1:00am Tuesday morning, and I finally crawled into bed around 2:00am. I was exhausted from the weekend and was so looking forward to sleeping late, getting things done around the house, picking the dogs up from the kennel, etc. Well, plans changed. My mom called around 8:30am to let me know Scarlett had been running a fever since the night before. After a few phone calls and running around to get ready to leave, I met her a day early to get Scarlett back to her doctor. With that high of a fever she needed to have her urine tested ASAP. Unfortunately, she has another UTI. The preventive antibiotics aren’t doing the trick. So, we are in the process of meeting with a Urologist.

Please keep Scarlett in your prayers. Hopefully we’ll get a good diagnosis. That’s what we’re hoping and praying for.

Oh yea, I forgot the icing on the cake…. Joe broke his finger in two places while splitting wood on Tuesday morning. I swear…. When it rains it pours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh i am so sorry to hear that the puring did not stop! i hope that things get better soon and that the urologist has some positive answers for you!

god luck!

Anonymous said...

wow! i just came back to see what I wrote to you and say you're welcome and I just saw how crappy I wrote! Ugh! You must think I am some kinda weirdo who can't spell! Ack!! My 8th grade English teacher would kill me if she saw this!