Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Scarlett's New Friends

This past Sunday was quite interesting. Our friend Kim came over with her two kids, Jack and Makena. Jack is four, and Makena is about one year older than Scarlett. We loved having them over not only to visit, but also for us to see what we have to look forward to as Scarlett gets older. I took this picture of Joe, Scarlett, and Makena. Aren’t they cute!


Right after I took the picture, Makena reached over and took Scarlett’s pacifier out of her mouth and put it in hers. It was funny.

Jack was more interested in all the animals in the backyard. He was especially interested in the alligator. Here he is looking at it. It's kind of hidden under some ivy under the tree.



I went in to the office yesterday. It was great to get out of the house for a while and get caught up on work and with all of my co-workers. Joe kept Scarlett all day. I came home to them wearing matching outfits. If Joe has anything to do with it, Scarlett will probably shoot her first deer at the age of three.


We had a very relaxing evening and started a fire in our chiminea. The fire mesmerized Scarlett. She’s such a doll and is learning so much every day. I think she’ll be rolling over soon. Crawling will be next… I guess we need to start child-proofing our house!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wway too cute - just make sure hubby extends her first shot at a deer till she's atleast 6 please. LOL

She is one true beauty of a little girl!

Heather said...

Karen she is just too cute!! Are those Brent Bice's kids? I thought I recognized them from his facebook. They are super cute too.