Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh, Poo!

There comes a time in your baby’s life that you think you’ve got it all figured out….. the schedule, when they’re hungry, tired, wet diaper, etc. I started off my day thinking I had it all figured out….

The morning started out great! Scarlett slept until 7:45am after being put to bed last night at 6:45pm. She woke up happy, took her morning bottle, and then started watching Baby Einstein. We put her on the floor to watch and put the dogs outside. They were cold, so I went to find their sweaters. On my search for sweaters I noticed (smelled) that Scarlett needed her diaper changed. Anyway, I found the sweaters, gave them to Joe to put on them, and took Scarlett upstairs to change her diaper and get her ready for the day.

I knew immediately this was going to be a little messy. After using two wipes, I realized there was a big problem. Those were the last two wipes! Well, they were the last two in the wipe container next to her changing pad. I had more in the cabinet below. So, I reach down to get them while holding on to her while she flailed her legs and body all over the place. It was starting to get messy. It started to get even messier as I tried to pull the plastic wrap off the container. Two hands are needed for this, but I really needed at least one had to hold her somewhat still. Needless to say this simple diaper change ended up with poo on her hands, feet, legs, the changing pad cover, and the WALLS of the hutch on her changing table. Somehow I got it under control without getting myself covered in it. I learned a big lesson today, and that is: ALWAYS have a large supply of wipes nearby that are ready to use!!!!

Other than making messes, Scarlett has been taking more interest in her toys. I found this neat little Move and Crawl Ball at Wal-Mart earlier this week, and she seems to really like it along with her books and chewing on anything she can get her hands on!



Other than that we’ve still been working on projects around the house. Joe painted the guest bathroom last night. Now I’ve just got to get this house cleaned along with a few more improvements. Hopefully that will be completed this weekend.

No comments: