Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Fan

There’s nothing like a feeling of accomplishment! Joe and I have been working hard around here this weekend on cleaning and finishing up several chores that have needed tending to for a long time. One thing on our to-do list was our living room fan. Fans aren’t really something that I look at a lot or even think much about. If they work, they’re pretty much fine with me. Well, the fan in our living room had to go! Here’s a picture of it:

When we bought this house the previous owner had replaced all of the fixtures in the house… door knobs, fans, blinds, sink hardware, appliances, even the toilets! He did everything EXCEPT for the living room fan. All of the NEW additions were in a stainless steel or brushed aluminum or something other than gold or brass. Our fan was sticking out like a big gold sore thumb that had four annoying spotlights. So, we bought a new fan.

Joe borrowed our neighbor’s ladder and started replacing it Saturday morning. I was a nervous wreck as he did this as the ladder was propped up against the ceiling. I’m not sure if this was the most proper way to be using the ladder, but Joe managed to do it without having any sort of accident.




Saturday was also pajama day! Since the day I brought Scarlett home from the hospital I have never left her in a sleeper all day. Well, it was time for an exception, and she didn’t seem to mind one little bit!

No comments: