
Jason, Christy, and JacksonWhen I started writing this blog a few months ago I made a big TO-DO list for Joe and I to get after. Slowly, but surely we have been working on it. One of the big projects was our garage. Here is what it looked like when we decided to clean it up:



First and foremost, we replaced the garage doors. They worked, but they were old and rickety. One of the springs had actually popped off and flew across the room. It barely missed Joe. Thank God he wasn’t hit! This happened about a year ago, and since then I have wanted new doors. The old doors also did not have sensors which will stop the door and make it go back up in case something is in the way. This was a must for me! People can be killed by garage doors, and I did not want a senseless accident like that happening when it could have been prevented.
We also HAD to get rid of that stupid Nascar stripe that was painted across it. Seriously, someone took A LOT of time working on that. They even painted the shelves red! I’m pretty sure it was done right before we bought the house. It was funny at first, but got on my nerves very quickly. So, that was covered up with what was supposed to have been a nice creamy colored paint. For some reason the paint that I brought home from Lowe’s has a pinkish tint to it. Joe started painting before I got home one afternoon and thought this was what I wanted…. Well, it wasn’t. But, we were past the point of no return. So now the garage is painted “light red”.
We also HAD to get rid of that stupid Nascar stripe that was painted across it. Seriously, someone took A LOT of time working on that. They even painted the shelves red! I’m pretty sure it was done right before we bought the house. It was funny at first, but got on my nerves very quickly. So, that was covered up with what was supposed to have been a nice creamy colored paint. For some reason the paint that I brought home from Lowe’s has a pinkish tint to it. Joe started painting before I got home one afternoon and thought this was what I wanted…. Well, it wasn’t. But, we were past the point of no return. So now the garage is painted “light red”.
To finish everything up, we repainted the floors. The paint on there was chipping off and looked pretty worn. It is now brown and looks 100% better! We've still got some stuff to donate and get out of here, but other than that, we're done with this room.



Joe has now found that he likes working out of the garage. It's probably the most quiet place in our house. Doesn't the yellow/brown painting look great hanging above his "desk"?? :)
Next up is painting the guest bathroom, and it’s got to be done within the next week. We’ve got lots going on with my family coming here for Thanksgiving and then Katherine and Ed’s Engagement Party here right after that. Let me tell you, there’s nothing like hosting a party to force you into making improvements and sprucing up!
Of course this wouldn’t be a completed blog entry without a picture and Scarlett update. She’s doing great and growing like a weed! I can’t believe she’ll be 7 months old this month!!!


1 comment:
Makenzie has that SAME jumperoo!
Post a Comment