Friday, August 15, 2008

Scarlett Update


Scarlett went in for tests on her bladder and kidneys on Wednesday. They weren’t too bad, and she was a real trooper! The Radiologist gave us his diagnosis while we were there, so we did not have to wait. Basically, Scarlett has kidney reflux. This website gives pretty good information on it:

http://www.ucsfhealth.org/childrens/medical_services/urology/vreflux/conditions/vreflux/treatments.html

Luckily, she has a mild case, but it is on both sides. I finally spoke to our Pediatrician about everything a little while ago. We are now moving to a mode of prevention. She will have to be on a low dose of antibiotics everyday for the next year. They will then perform the same tests that she had on Wednesday. Hopefully it will have cleared up or be greatly improved.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers. We are very thankful that it is only a mild case and pray that it will clear up by the time she is tested again.

3 comments:

Juli said...

Prayers here, Karen. I'm glad you finally have some answers and a course of treatment. {{{{}}}}

Meg said...

Girl, that is scary I know. I did not realize you guys were going through this with her. Little miss scarlett is moving to the top of my prayer list!

Heather said...

I'm praying for your sweet little girl too...so scary!! She is just the cutest.
I added you to our blog. Thanks for leaving a comment. Have a fun weekend.