Saturday, August 23, 2008

Good Times

I must admit that I used to be one of those people that thought people with kids didn’t manage their time well or didn’t make enough time for their friends. Seriously, I was soooo wrong! Having a baby changes everything. And, I mean everything! For those of you with kids, you probably know exactly what I’m talking about. Joe and I celebrated our 7th anniversary a couple of weeks before Scarlett was born, so we were pretty used to doing whatever we wanted when we wanted.

Over the past 18 weeks we’ve had to learn how to manage our time. This is definitely a work in progress. We both work from home and juggle our schedules to make sure that one of us is with her at all times. This is becoming more and more difficult. I pretty much never stopped working when I had Scarlett. I’ve been going into the office on Tuesdays, and I was asked to come in more the week after last. So now I’m going in on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Honestly, I don’t mind. It’s nice to get out of the house and interact with adults. Luckily, we have two neighbors that keep Scarlett on those days when Joe has appointments and can’t be here with her. This is working for now, but we really need to find permanent help. So, we’ve been working on trying to find that.

So, that was a pretty crazy week. My company asked for more of my time and we had Scarlett’s tests. I was stressed out to say the least. Joe and I have been in need of a break. You know, a full night’s sleep and some us time. When Scarlett and I went to Atlanta the plan was for her to stay there with my mom for a few days. Well, that plan got shot down because of her tests. I’m not complaining, but we were all disappointed about the change in plans.

Well, we did end up getting a night out! My Uncle Jim and Pat were in town and took us to dinner. Our friends Rand and DeAnna have a daughter, Kendyl, that just loves Scarlett, and we asked her to babysit. So, we dropped Scarlett off at their house and headed downtown for a night out!

We started out at the Library at the Melrose Hotel. Two glasses of wine later, we walked across the street to the Centrum Building where there’s a new restaurant called Bengal Coast for another glass of wine. This place was great! For any of you in the Dallas area, I highly suggest checking it out especially on a Thursday night. They’ve got complimentary lettuce wraps which ended up being the perfect appetizer for dinner. We then walked across the breezeway area to The Club for dinner. Luckily for us it was Restaurant Week in Dallas. The salmon was delicious!

Here we are in front of the Melrose


Here we are at Bengal Coast

We had a great night out that we really needed. Scarlett also had a great time playing with Kendyl.

Kendyl and Scarlett

Our fun didn’t end there. Our friend Jesse was staying with us for the weekend. It’s been forever since we’ve seen him, and it was great to spend a few days getting caught up. Friday night started off with our friend and neighbor, Randy, coming over to hang out and make jalapeno stuffed peppers. Here’s me with Randy:


He gave me this fabulous t-shirt that he had made up for his company. Randy was also having guests for the weekend, and they arrived early. So, he left about the time Jesse arrived. I pretty much looked like I did in the picture with Randy all weekend…. Hair in ponytail, no makeup, comfy clothes, etc. We had a very relaxing weekend.

Jesse burping Scarlett


Jesse and Scarlett

This past week has been out of control busy. But, I did manage to take several pictures. Here are some that are pretty funny:

Scarlett in her new overalls


Peanut's ready for bed!


Peanut sniffing Scarlett
(Don't worry, Joe was firmly holding on to Peanut in this one!!)

I hope you all enjoy your weekend!!

No comments: