Monday, July 28, 2008

New Nipples

This weekend my friend Kim came by to see Scarlett. While here she pointed out that we were still using Size 1 nipples on Scarlett's bottle. For those of you who don't know, size 1 has 1 hole, size 2 has 2 holes, etc. We thought she was doing fine on Size 1. I mean, she was drinking the entire thing, she wasn't crying, and I honestly didn't know what size to buy. Size 3 is for 3 months +. She's almost 3 months, so why not get those? Or, should I get size 2? It was all very confusing, so it was just something else I've been procrastinating about what to do.

Anyway, Joe went to the grocery store the next morning and bought size 3. So, she went from size 1 to size 3. What a leap and difference it has made! Instead of taking 30 minutes for her to drink 5 oz, it only takes 10 to 15. Then I decided to open up the larger bottles that I had bought a week or so ago and see if she would take more than 5 oz at a time. Well, those bottles had size 2 nipples! UHHH... more to think about! Should I throw these out and continue on with size 3 only or see what the size 2's are like? Being a new mom isn't easy. There's so much to figure out!! So, we are using both, and it's working for now. Thank you Kim for pointing this out. We need all the help and advise we can get!

Another thing I've been wondering what to do about is the high chair. We've got a great one that has been sitting in the box in the garage for a couple of months. I didn't know that you could get one that reclines and makes it easier for feeding. So, I've been debating about what to do about that... Should I exchange it? Should I keep it? Well, we decided to keep it. She'll be sitting up on her own soon enough... right? Joe put it together yesterday and sat her in it. She LOVES it!! I'm also so amazed that she's sitting up so well! I think she may be very advanced for her 14 weeks!! :)








1 comment:

Juli said...

She is SO darling, Karen! I can tell how much you love being a mommy :*) It's amazing, isn't it? :)