Monday, August 17, 2009

You Are My Sunshine!

This morning started like any other morning…. Troy started making sounds of wanting to get up and be fed. Joe had gotten up with him at 2:00am, and I was fortunate enough to not have my turn come until almost 7:00am!!! It wasn’t completely dark in his room, so I didn’t turn the light on under his hutch while I changed his diaper. Maybe I should have…. He started crying when I laid him down to change him, so I started singing “You are my Sunshine”. He really likes this song, and started smiling immediately. He was so happy that he started peeing everywhere right as I took his diaper off. I just love being peed on first thing in the morning!

Troy has started to develop his little personality over the past 2-3 weeks. He smiles A LOT, and laughs. He gets so happy when we sing to him or just lay him down to just kick around. He’s a really good baby.

Scarlett is just busy. Her new thing is blocks… well, Leggo-type blocks. She LOVES them! She can sit and play with them for about an hour straight. I’m beginning to wonder if we have a future architect on our hands, and that would be fine with me!! She also just started drinking out of a sippy cup that has a straw. She was so picky with her cups in the beginning. She really only liked the ones with a handle on each side. I think she grasped this new cup so quickly since we have been letting her drink out of our straws.

We take her to meet with her new teacher on Thursday morning. I really think that preschool is going to be so wonderful for her. She loves other kids, so I think she’s going to have a ball!

Other than all that, our house is still on the market. We are so anxious to get it sold, but we’re trying to be patient. I think it’s the “not knowing when” that is driving us crazy. We have faith that it will sell when it’s supposed to sell to the right person and that we will end up where we are supposed to be. I just wish this would happen sooner rather than later! It’s also very hard to have our house shown to prospective buyers. Of course, their realtor makes an appointment, but sometimes they are 2-hour windows. It’s hard enough getting the house looking good before we leave, gathering everything we need, putting the dogs in the garage, and then we have to find something to do for an hour or two. Sometimes it doesn’t work at all…. On Saturday morning we got a call at 8:30am for a showing from 10:30 – 12:30. That was fine. We rushed around here as quickly as possible cleaning up, getting the kids ready, etc. Right as we were about to walk out the door at 10:15am, the showing company called to let us know that the people looking had just found the house they wanted. GREAT. All that work and stress for NOTHING!! Like I said, we’ve got faith that everything will work out. :)

Anyway, here are some recent pictures. Enjoy!

Here's Scarlett doing her response to hearing "Yea!!". She puts her hands up in the air.... even when she's standing on a chair.

On one of our outings while our house was being shown, we took Scarlett to Grapevine Mills Mall. Troy was a my mom's, so he didn't get to enjoy the Rainforest Cafe and the skaters. Scarlett wasn't impressed with anything at that mall except for those skaters. She sat and laughed and smiled while she watched. It was hysterical!



Here's Scarlett (and Punkin) with Aunt Carly. Carly came to visit us in the middle of all our chaos and was a HUGE help with the kids. She also took some GREAT pics of the kids. Below are a few that we thankful downloaded on my computer before she left. When she got home, she downloaded her camera, erased them off her camera, and then her computer crashed! :(


Scarlett in Troy's swing... She climbed up in this all by herself.


My happy boy!


How cute is this????

Scarlett playing on her slide and refusing to give a big smile. She really does crack me up!

I took this one of Joe and Scarlett while Troy and I waited in the truck yesterday. After riding around running errands for 2 hours, Scarlett needed a BREAK!

1 comment:

Jaz said...

Good luck on the house selling. I know it's a pain in the butt. Your babies are so precious!!