Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Growing like Weeds

The past two and a half weeks have been BUSY! It’s hard to believe that this Friday will be Troy’s 3 week birthday. The time is flying by, and he is growing so fast. When we brought him home he was a skinny little thing, but that is changing….. QUICKLY! I took him in for his 2 week check up yesterday. He’s gained 1 lb. 1 oz. and grown 2 whole inches!!!!!

Scarlett is still doing great as far as adjusting to the new addition to our family. She too is growing up so fast! She’s walking more and more. Her main problem is that she isn’t trying to walk, but trying to run. She’s into everything! She’s also turned into a little climber. She loves to climb the stairs, does her best to climb up on the couch, and even tried to climb out of the bathtub last night. During the tree fiasco last week our neighbor borrowed Joe’s chainsaw to cut up part of one of his trees that had fallen. In return, he bought Joe some beer. Here she is climbing the box:

She's not only climbing a Coors Light box, but she's also sucking on Troy's pacifier! :)

Speaking of the tree, it had to go. I had thought we could leave part of the trunk for a table base, but that wasn’t possible. When I came up with this idea I didn’t see the back side of the tree. We think it might have been a little diseased on top of being weak.




So, the tree is no more. For those of you wondering, it was a Bradford Pear. This is one tree that I will NEVER plant. I had heard that their life span was 20-25 years, but I never dreamed ours would crap out on us while we were living here. Of all the trees in our neighborhood that I have seen blown down by wind, they have all been Bradford Pears. The only positive thing about the tree’s departure is Joe’s pool maintenance. The thing about that tree is it has green leaves during late Spring through most of the Fall, and those leaves fall off (mostly into our pool) in the Winter. In the Spring the tree has these beautiful white blooms that last for about 2-3 weeks. Then they fall into the pool. Then the green leaves grow back, and we start all over again. Here is a picture of Joe holding Scarlett that I got this Spring with the white blooms:


The fence guys came yesterday and replaced the section that had fallen. Now we are just waiting for them to return today and stain it. As soon as we figure out what all we are going to do with our new open/empty space, I will post some pictures.

We also had a little extra excitement while the tree was being cut down. My cousin Blake along with his wife Karla and their 4 month old twins, and my Aunt Jo came for a visit. Blake and Karla live in Washington State, and I hadn’t seen them in FOREVER!!! Since our last visit, we’ve had 4 kids between us!

JoJo, Blake, Addison, Annesley (not sure which is which), Scarlett (not really cooperating), and Troy

Blake with his girls and Troy

We’ve got a lot planned for the next few days starting with tonight. My uncle is coming to town to meet Troy, and he’s taking me out for dinner. I’m really looking forward to getting out for the night and for a break even if it’s only for a couple of hours. Then Joe’s parents are coming this weekend to meet Troy. And Sunday is Father’s Day! This will be Joe’s 2nd… I wonder if the kids got him anything?? :)

1 comment:

Meg said...

Hey girl. Your life looks so full and rich...your children are absolutely GORGEOUS! So happy for you !!!