Monday, June 8, 2009

So far so good!

Scarlett is adjusting to Troy very well. She wasn’t very excited at the hospital or even the past few days. She’s mostly just ignored him but looks every once in a while and has smiled a couple of times. She has pushed him in the swing and has started showing more interest when he is being fed or if one of us are tending to him.

One “funny” thing that happened the other day was when Scarlett was eating her very first grilled cheese (thanks for that tip, Natalie!!) when Troy started to cry in the swing. I went to check on him and then heard her start crying. Joe was at the table with her and I asked him what was wrong. His only guess was that when one cries, they both cry. HUMMM…. Hopefully no one will be crying at all!

Troy is a really good baby. He likes to be held a lot and mostly just eats, sleeps, and poops. Our main handful is Scarlett. Since I had a C-section, I cannot pick her up for a few weeks. This makes me sad especially when she puts her arms out to be held or grasps onto my legs and won’t let go. Joe has had to make Scarlett his first priority since doing most anything with her requires her to be picked up….. picked up to be put in the high chair or taken out, picked up for a diaper change, picked up to be put in or out of bed, etc. We’re making it work for now, and I know it’s not forever. My mom is back for a couple of days to help us which is great! Joe had appointments this morning, so I really needed someone here to watch Scarlett and do all the things that I can’t.

Punkin and Peanut are adjusting well too. Punkin doesn’t care about any of them. He’s old and just wants to eat, sleep, and be left alone. Peanut has been dying for the past year for Scarlett to pay some sort of attention to him. He loves it when she pets him (which isn’t often) or just grabs his tags and shakes them. Scarlett and Peanut now play fetch together. Joe throws the ball, Peanut goes to get it, Scarlett then takes it away from Peanut and gives the ball back to Joe, and it starts all over again. If Peanut won’t go get the ball, Scarlett goes after it herself! This is fun to watch as Scarlett laughs so loud watching Peanut run after the ball.

Before I forget, I wanted to let you all know that Scarlett’s test came back from the Urologist free and clear of any infection!! Hopefully everything will stay this way. She will have to have her major testing done again in September. We’re praying that she has grown out of the kidney reflux or that it has greatly improved.









1 comment:

Heather said...

Love the pics of your cutie pie's!!