Monday, May 18, 2009

Cherry Madness

Scarlett went to one of her little friend’s 1st birthday party this weekend. It had a Caribbean theme, so I tried to dress her as appropriate as possible. We took this picture beforehand.


Yes, she’s standing and not holding on to anything! She’s not walking yet, but is really trying. She usually takes 2-3 steps and then falls. I think she’ll be on the move very soon!

While we are at the party, they were going to play the Little Mermaid for the kids. This is one movie that we’ve been thinking about getting, so I was interested in seeing her reaction. Well, there was another little girl there (age 2) that wanted to watch Finding Nemo. If any of you have picked up on anything from this blog, Scarlett LOVES Nemo, and we just about have the entire movie memorized. Here she is (once again) mesmerized by Nemo.


The party was very close to a Central Market, so we stopped there on our way home. For any of you that have never been, it is probably THE BEST grocery store ever! Their fruits and vegetables are always super fresh and there is always a huge selection. We were mostly going just for that as this is not the place you’d want to buy something like milk. It’s about $5/gallon there vs. $1.50/gallon at our local Kroger.

One thing that caught my eye in the fruit section were these beautiful red cherries. They were huge! So you know, cherries are not something that I usually buy. I had never even eaten a fresh cherry up until about 3 years ago. I obviously did not look at the price/lb. very closely or when we were checking out. If I had, this would not have been one of my purchases. On Sunday, we were on our way to Target, and I started reviewing my Central Market receipt. I almost went into convulsions when I saw that I had paid a total of $10 for 1.43 lbs of cherries!!! It wasn’t like this was a very large bag either. They were very large cherries in a small bag. Anyway, I told Joe that I hoped they were good and that we better eat every single last one of them. I finally washed them last night and took my first bite…….. OMG! The best ever! I’m so glad that I didn’t pay attention to the price or I would have missed out. So, if you’re at Central Market anytime soon, take the plunge and splurge on some cherries. They are so worth it!!!!



We are on the FINAL COUNTDOWN as far as our little boy’s arrival. As of right now, we’ve got less than 11 days to go! We are working on getting everything ready for his arrival…. Like washing the lining of the infant car seat that Scarlett used and bringing the swing down from the upstairs closet. Scarlett rediscovered her swing this morning and wanted to get in. She still loves it but is obviously way too big for it! I have a feeling that she isn’t going to be very happy about having someone else use it…..


1 comment:

Jenn said...

Hey, Karen!!! I know you are soo ready to meet your new little one!!!

We have been saying that we were going to hit Central Market...but we just haven't gotten there...definitely going to go this weekend...I'm not sure I have ever had "real" cherries before!!!

Scarlett is adorable!!!

Take Care!!!