So, what have we been up to? Well, a couple of weekends ago we went to a nearby park. We were having an unusually hot day here in Texas, so we were in short sleeves, shorts, and sandals. Well, I guess the heat during summer isn’t so unusual… Texas weather is just all over the board! It actually SNOWED over Easter weekend a couple of years ago! Anyway, Scarlett had a great time swinging and going down the slide with her daddy.




Last week we went in for her 9 month checkup. Everything was just great! We did share with the doctor that she wasn’t crawling yet, but she did like to pull herself up on basically everything and stand. He said that was fine. All babies do things differently.
Two days later I set her in the hallway outside of the bathroom while I got her bath ready. I guess she didn’t like it there, so she just crawled straight to me, pulled herself up, and looked over at the running water in the tub. I was so excited!! Now she’s crawling everywhere, and we are on much higher alert.
We decided several months ago that we were going to enroll Scarlett in a preschool program. I luckily found one at a nearby church, and we went to check it out. We were very impressed and signed her up. The program starts in the fall and only runs during the school year. She will go Monday through Friday for 5 hours a day. There are only 6 children in the class so I know she’ll get more attention than she would at a regular daycare. Joe and I feel that it is very important for her to have interaction with other children. Hopefully she will really like it! We also need time during the week to work. I work from home 3 days and week, and Joe is here the entire week. We’ve managed to juggle our schedules this far without having to put her in daycare, but it has not been easy. It’s only going to get harder when Baby #2 arrives.
Two days later I set her in the hallway outside of the bathroom while I got her bath ready. I guess she didn’t like it there, so she just crawled straight to me, pulled herself up, and looked over at the running water in the tub. I was so excited!! Now she’s crawling everywhere, and we are on much higher alert.
We decided several months ago that we were going to enroll Scarlett in a preschool program. I luckily found one at a nearby church, and we went to check it out. We were very impressed and signed her up. The program starts in the fall and only runs during the school year. She will go Monday through Friday for 5 hours a day. There are only 6 children in the class so I know she’ll get more attention than she would at a regular daycare. Joe and I feel that it is very important for her to have interaction with other children. Hopefully she will really like it! We also need time during the week to work. I work from home 3 days and week, and Joe is here the entire week. We’ve managed to juggle our schedules this far without having to put her in daycare, but it has not been easy. It’s only going to get harder when Baby #2 arrives.
We took Scarlett with us to see the preschool. Here she is right before we left. Check out the bow in her hair. She finally has enough hair to clip a tiny bow in!!

Later that day we fed her lunch. We thought that chicken with vegetables sounded good. We were wrong. She didn’t like it at all! Joe had fed her something she didn’t like the day before and put a little salt on it to see if that would help. It did, but it didn’t help this chicken dish at all. She just refused to eat. That’s ok. I’m not going to force her to eat something she doesn’t like. It’s kind of like me and the babysitter that tried to make me eat a pimento cheese sandwich. To this day, I will not eat pimentos (I even pick them out of green olives), and I will not touch pimento cheese.
Isn't this just priceless?? :)We finally got to work on the new baby’s room. Well, he’s actually moving into Scarlett’s old room. We moved Scarlett into the guest room this weekend. We took down the guest bed and bought her a new baby bed. The room is painted mauve. I thought we were going to have to repaint it before we moved Scarlett in, but it seems to work with all of her things. Now we just have to work on the other room, and we’ve got less than 4 months to get it done!





3 comments:
I like the mauve!!
I can't wait to see baby boy Farners nursery!
looks really cute, Karen.
Post a Comment