I read an article the other day about the Beauty/Skincare business and whether or not it was recession proof. Well, it’s probably one of the better industries to be in especially during times like these. As everyone starts cutting corners on their spending, many don’t skimp on their skincare or beauty regime. I talked to a friend of mine today that had just had a chemical peel. She also mentioned that she had cut back on a few of her other expenses like cable and Blockbuster online. I told her about the article and then asked her how much she had spent on her peel. It was $150. Her answer verified the story for me.
The work part of my world is busier than ever and so is the Scarlett part. She is changing so quickly and doing new things everyday. Friday she refused to take her morning nap. This was driving me insane as I needed to call customers and had to get myself ready for a meeting. While I was trying to rush around downstairs, I would check the monitor to see how upset she really was at not taking a nap. She didn’t want to sleep, but she was having fun clapping. It was fun to watch and even more fun to watch her continuously do this and perfect it.
One thing that Joe and I have talked about quite a bit this week is the fact that Scarlett isn’t crawling yet. We’re not worried, but we’re just wondering when it’s going to happen. I read my friend Natalie’s blog this week and saw that her daughter had just started crawling. She had a video that we watched too. We were quite impressed as she is about one month younger than Scarlett.
We finally got through this crazy week and were looking forward to a nice and relaxing weekend. We went to Chili’s for lunch on Saturday and then decided to go across the parking lot to Target. I have been on a furniture mission. I basically wanted a piece of furniture that looked good, but would also store toys in the living room. Usually Target has some pretty fun pieces right after the holidays. They did have a couple that I liked, but they weren’t exactly what I wanted. That’s ok. We did find a ball that cost us $2.50 that Scarlett loves. She laughed and laughed in the store as we bounced it. So, we had to buy it. We also took her up and down the toy aisles. I think she was pretty impressed with this part of the store.



We got back home right before Scarlett’s nap. I decided that I needed to go to North Park mall for a little bit, so I was out the door as soon as we got back. On my way to North Park, I remembered that El Paso Imports was on my way. So I planned to stop there on my way back to see if they had the piece of furniture I was looking for. Luckily, they did! Of course the place where I planned on putting it didn’t really work for either of us. We did find the perfect spot which forced us to rearrange a little in our living room. We didn’t make huge changes, but we decided today to move our coffee table out for at least the next couple of years. Scarlett has been pulling up on it and has hit her head on it a few times, so it had to go.
Now Scarlett is pulling up on the sofa and chairs and her new mirror/sing along toy. She actually stands! We are very impressed and think that she might just skip the whole crawling part. Only time will tell…..




No comments:
Post a Comment